Are you bright and innovative? A team player with a can-do attitude? Someone who is looking for a career, not just a job? Then SCI could be the right place for you.
Check out the job opportunities below.
What SCI offers you.
- A fun and energetic place to work
- An entrepreneurial vibe where ideas and successes are shared and celebrated
- A comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- A company supported fitness program for all team members to enjoy
- Opportunities for career development
- Flex work hours
- Open concept work environment
- A central office location in Markham with easy access to the 407 and 404
SCI offers our employees a competitive salary, comprehensive employee benefits, and an environment that fosters teamwork & entrepreneurial spirit.
SCI is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in joining our team, please email email@example.com
The Software Developer will participate in all phases of software development life cycle including design, development, enhancement, and maintenance. The incumbent will be expected to collaborate closely with architects, Quality Assurance analysts, Business analysts, and support teams. Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment are extremely important for this role. Successful candidates are expected to work in a dynamic agile environment, and are able to produce deliverables in a short period of time.
- Develop highly scalable applications using .net technologies (c#, Angular JS, JQuery, CCS3)
- Design and develop SOA application
- Develop unit test code for code, and scripts
- Enhance and support internal applications based on detailed specifications
- Maintain a working knowledge of current & future technologies
- 3+ years of experience in c#, .net technologies
- 2-4 years of experience with Angular JS, NodeJS, SignalR, Bootstrap
- Experience writing unit tests includes java script unit tests, karma
- Exposure to user interface & responsive design patterns
- Experience with SQL Server
- 3 + years of programming experience NET (C # and ASP.Net)
- Flexible, pragmatic, very analytical
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical/documentation skills
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects and work in teams and individually
- Ability to work in an fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Responsive Web Design technologies would be an asset
- Delivering web based applications using client side technologies like AngularJs, HTML5, CSS3 and Single Page Architecture
- Working as a team member within an Agile team
- Working directly with a tester(s) at every step of the development process to ensure tests are in-line with code
- Demonstrating proficiency in consuming RESTful Web APIs
- Working with the team to create Prototype’s when required
- Identifying web components that have the potential for reuse
- Identifying Web API spec improvements to deliver a more intuitive User Experience and provide recommendations
- Creating intuitive and easy to use interfaces
- Keep others informed and up-to-date about the status/progress of projects and all relevant or useful information related to day to day activities
- Participate fully as a member of the team, promote team effectiveness, and contribute to a positive work environment
- Prioritize and manage personal workload to meet delivery dates
- Ensure documentation prepared/completed is accurate and compliant with client standards
- Be proficient in using the tools and processes required for developing and deploying software solutions
- Assist in analysis, testing, and implementation of business solutions
Bilingual Customer Support Specialist
- Provide technical related phone support to North American based automotive dealerships
- Diagnoses end user problems using a systematic listening and probing approach
- Troubleshoot and respond to customer requests, from problem identification through to resolution
- Respond to leasing requests (credit & funding) for automotive dealers
- Grow our long term relationships with an assigned customer base
- Record all customer issues using Salesforce.com
- Escalate issues to our senior level staff
- Manage customer CRM/ILM information through our administration systems
- Providing support and information on products and technology
- Being proactive in offering solutions to customers
- Helping to understand our customers day to day operations
- Participate in continuous improvement programs
- Translate technical information and procedures to end-users at a human level
- Follow up on customer interactions
- Handling customer inquiries promptly
- Additional duties as assigned
- The ideal candidate must be bilingual (English and French)
- High school diploma (GED or equivalent)
- Must be able to speak and write fluent English and French
- Extensive knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office Products
- Financial services call centre experience is an asset
- Previous call centre experience is an asset
- Salesforce.com experience is an asset
- Automotive experience is an asset
- Customer focused
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and critical thinking skills
- Creative, dynamic and motivated
- Customer service driven
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a dynamic team
- Demonstrates passion for problem solving and technical support
- Ability to manage regular interruptions to work-flow
- Strong time management
- Able to multi-task
- Organizational skills
- Fast learner
The SCI Product Owner will be responsible for the day to day management of one or more multiple product verticals within the SCI Product Suite. The primary focus of the Product Owner is to groom and manage the product backlog by writing and prioritizing requirements in the form of User Stories and to ensure that the development team is working on the right stories in the right sequence as determined by the Product Roadmap and various meetings with other stakeholders throughout the organization.
The Product Owner is available to the team at all time to answer question and clarify requirements and is empowered to make decisions to ensure that the pace of development is maintained.
SKILLS required to succeed in the role:
- Proficiency: possesses expertise in their domain area of focus; recognized as a subject matter expert
- Efficiency: ability to generate significant output with minimal waste and direct supervision
- Organization & Planning: plans, organizes, schedules and budgets in an efficient, product manner. Focuses on key priorities. Attention to detail is their middle name.
- Communication: speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of communication.
- Teamwork: reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship
- Intelligence: learns quickly. Demonstrates an ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Listening skills: lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE we want the candidate to arrive with:
- Post-secondary Education: or equivalent work experience
- Certified Scrum Product Owner training is an asset
RESPONSIBILITIES to be assigned to the role:
The Product Owner is responsible for maximizing the value of the product and the work done by the Development Team. Main responsibilities are:
- Clearly expressing Product Backlog items
- Ordering the items in the Product Backlog to best achieve stakeholder goals and missions
- Optimizing the value of the work the Development Team performs
- Ensuring that the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the Scrum Team will work on next; and,
- Ensuring the Development Team understands items in the Product Backlog to the level needed.
This individual will also be responsible for contributions to the Product Roadmap and Vision and be responsible for product release planning and user acceptance of sprint work.
BEHAVIOURAL attributes we want in the candidate so as the candidate will successfully integrate into the Team and overall Company:
- Persistence: demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- A Sense of Humour: sometimes you just need to be able to laugh it off
- Proactivity: acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Flexibility/adaptability: adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change. Knows that their routine is not always “routine”.
- Enthusiasm: Exhibits a passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Work ethic: possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Openness to feedback and ideas: often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Assertiveness: moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
- Persuasion: able to convince others to pursue a course of actions.